There are few things in newly minted adulthood more stressful than having your mother over for dinner. Sure, you say, I’m a grown up. Student loans, an expensive phone plan, and grocery shopping outside of the frozen meals aisle; you’ve got all the exterior markings of a human adult. Why not have mom over for dinner at your new place and show her just what a grown up you are.
1. Mom’s face when she sees the second hand furniture in your living room.
3. Mom’s reaction to the unscrubbed floors in your bathroom.
5. Your roommate/boyfriend/husband’s reaction when your mom calls you the nickname no one has used since you were 11.
6. Your reaction when you’ve finally had enough of her criticism.
7. And then your reaction when she finally says you’ve got a nice place at the end of the night.