City living — a pleasure and a nightmare at the same time. we’ve got the access to everything we want at our fingertips at any time of the day, but we have to give up things like space and cars that our friends in smaller communities take for granted.
Enter the L41 Home, a model for an apartment sized house that is affordable for everyone.
From the designers:
“In the same way that the Model-T made it possible for the masses to own a car, so too, the key to providing a house for everyone is to minimize its size and to utilize mass-production. The L41home has specifically been designed to be a mass-produced, “State-of-the-Art” house and could become part of the important group of affordable products such as the $2,500 Tata car.“
BYO Smart Car.
They market the home as being perfect for
• First-time buyers — Those who might not be able to afford a house until later.
• Students — An alternative to dorm living.
• Seniors — No more stack living for grandma and grandpa
• Hotels — Perfect for AirBNBs.
• Emergency housing — Easy and cheap to build after disasters.
• Recreational — Great for villas in tourist areas.
• Special-needs — Good for those with restraints due to disabilities.
• Homeless — Living space for those who might not otherwise have one.
• Military — Quick and easy spaces for military personnel and family.
• Floating Homes — For those who want to take their water-bed to the next level.
• Laneway Houses — A perfect new living space for city alleys.
• Pied-à-terres — For nights after the office, or perhaps an affair with your secretary.
This house could very well be the future of sustainable and affordable living for the future.
Follow Women’s Post on Twitter at @WomensPost.