Roasting garlic scapes with tomatoes and red onion sweetens them and enriches their flavor; toss them with pasta, lemon juice, and arugula for a simple summer meal.
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 garlic scapes
- 1 pint multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta and keep warm.
- Toss olive oil, garlic scapes, tomatoes, red onion, salt, and pepper and spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 12–15 minutes, until tomatoes are just beginning to burst.
- Remove from oven and toss with spaghetti, arugula, and lemon zest and juice.
- Serve immediately.
Comment below and tell us how it was. Bon appetite!
Repost from: http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/garlic-scape-and-cherry-tomato-pasta