Woman of the Week Ann Barnes, has provided us with her delicious recipe for healthy hot cocoa. Give it a try when you’re looking for a tasty, guilt-free treat.
- 2 Cups Rice Milk (raw nut milk)
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (or raw Agave Nectar)
- 1.5 Tablespoons Roasted Hemp Hearts
- 1 Teaspoons ground Chia
- 1/8 Teaspoon vanilla extract (1/4 tsp raw ground vanilla)
- Pinch of both pinch cinnamon and nutmeg
- Blend the roasted hemp hearts along with 1/4 cup of the rice milk in a blender until smooth.
- Add cocoa, syrup, chia, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg & blend.
- Add the 1.5 remaining rice milk to a sauce pan and place on stove top element.
- Put on medium heat.
- Take the blended mixture and add while stirring to the rice milk.
- Heat to desired temperature.
- For a frothy “top” place 1 tablespoon hemp hearts and 2 tablespoons water in a blender – blend until fluffy and top off the hot cocoa with it.
- Note: For a “new flavour” try adding 1 tablespoon of orange juice.