I came up with this recipe when I went home from work to get changed and needed something in my belly before running out the door to an event. It came together quickly as I madly applied mascara and slipped into pantyhose in between chopping veggies. It’s both vegan and gluten-free, so it should accommodate most food sensitivities. With lots of veggies to keep you glowing, healthy fats to keep you full, and a hefty dose of protein, this salad has got you covered on all fronts. Topped off with a delicious sesame miso dressing, this healthy dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Try it out next time you’re in a rush to get a healthy dinner on the table and be sure to make extras as the leftovers are perfect for a brown bag lunch.
- 1 package soba noodles (I like ginger/pumpkin/rice for this recipe)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 lb. tofu, diced
Sesame Miso Dressing
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup miso
- 1.5 tablespoons tamari
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Steam broccoli until bright green and fork tender but still firm.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Mix noodles together with veggies, sunflower seeds, and tofu.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Serve warm or cold.