Why not take advantage of the cozy elements of fall and use all of these fantastic flavours in your cooking. Nothing is better on a chilly day than a warm cup of apple cider. How wonderful would it be to take those flavour combinations and make a meal out of them? How about apple cider glazed chicken? This recipe is inspired by one of fall’s favourite treats— apples. This recipe is simple, healthy and delicious and is sure to please.
- 8 bone-in, skin on chicken drumsticks (or thighs)
- 1 medium apple- thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, cinnamon, soya sauce, and thyme and place in a lightly oiled pan and roast for 40 minutes.
- As the chicken bakes, combine apple slices, apple cider, honey and butter to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until mixture is reduced by half.
- Carefully remove chicken from the oven and pour the mixture over the chicken and return to broil for 5 minutes or until the mixture sticks to the chicken.
- Serve chicken with extra pan drippings and enjoy.
Will you be serving this for your next family dinner? Comment below