There can be so many treats to eat around Thanksgiving that some people get overwhelmed by the choices. However, as a vegan, those choices can be limited. Never fear! Women’s Post has you covered. This Thanksgiving, if you are looking for a healthier or vegan recipe try this raw pumpkin pie with delicious coconut whipped cream. Yes, it is as delicious as it sounds!
For your crust you can use a variety of options, including nuts, dried fruits and shredded coconut.
3/4 cup almonds ( or nut of your choice)
1/2 cup pitted dates (or raisins work well too)
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp of water
1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups of diced pie pumpkin
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Add almonds, dates and coconut to a food processor and mix for two minutes or untiled crumbled. Add water and sea salt and blend again (the mixture should solid enough to form into a ball).
- Press the crust mixture into a base of a 9’inch pie pan.
- Place the crust in the refrigerator.
- Using a blender, add the pumpkin, banana, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, dates, and spice. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the pie filling into the crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Topping: This topping is entirely optional, but coconut cream is a great option for vegan whipped cream.
Refrigerated the can of coconut cream overnight and chill the bowls used for mixing for up to one hour before mixing.
Once the coconut milk is in the bowl you can add some additional sweetener of your choice and whip on high for 7-8 minutes.
Add to pie and serve! Enjoy.
Let us know what you think of this raw pumpkin pie recipe and leave a comment below. Happy Thanksgiving !