Be safe this New Year’s Eve and avoid drinking and driving.
Corby Spirit and Wine is sponsoring a night of free transit. Ride the TTC from 7 p.m. on Dec. 31 to 7 a.m. on Jan. 1 for free.
“”New Year’s Eve is one of the busiest nights for the TTC with more than a quarter million people traveling with us,” said TTC Chair Josh Colle in a statement. “We are pleased to partner with Corby for the fourth year in a row to ensure that our customers can ride for free and get home safe on the TTC as they celebrate the New Year.”
Here is what you need to know:
- Most routes will continue until 4 a.m. and then start up again around 6 a.m.
- Blue Night buses will be running until 8 a.m.
- Last trains will leave Union Station around 3:30 a.m. for Finch Station and Downsview Station
- New Year’s Day will be Sunday service.
- PRESTO users do not need to tap their cards when entering the subway or boarding the bus.
You can also use GO Transit and the UP Express for free after 7 p.m., courtesy of Metrolinx.
So, invite your friends for a night of fun in the downtown core of Toronto — and don’t drink and drive!